Street Squad! Get up! Unbelievable! It’s barely one (1) month into the year and you’re already slacking on those goals. Get up! I have brought you just the thing to get you back on course.
Are you struggling to acquire the right skills to jumpstart your career? Worry no more. Your Partner in progress i.e. Street2Suit is swift to the rescue.
Acquiring a skill is great but knowing the right skills to acquire is the crux of the biscuit.
There are hundreds of skills that one can acquire however, we will explore the top ten in-demand skills.
Let’s dive into it, shall we?
- Artificial Intelligence Skills: These cut across so many skills. Everyone who isn’t living under a rock knows that Artificial intelligence is the future. However, what you might not know is that the Future is now. Artificial Intelligence has become an integral part of our everyday lives, Personal to Professional. Schedules are now automated. Artificial Intelligence Skills that can be learned include Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Cloud computing, Computer Vision, Domain, and AI ethics. Some of these skills may seem complex, however, walking was once a daunting task for a crawling baby. All you need is learning resources and a can-do attitude.
- Project Management: Project management involves the use of various processes, methods, skills, knowledge, and experience to accomplish specific project objectives within agreed parameters and according to the project acceptance criteria. Start-ups are popping up everywhere, every day, and with every new start-up comes a need for a project manager who can supervise tasks, communicate effectively with stakeholders, and ensure that every aspect of the business runs smoothly. Are you someone who naturally knows how to manage tasks and people? Project Management might just be the skill you need to upscale.
- Soft Skills: Soft skills refer to a set of interpersonal skills that enable individuals to interact effectively with others. These skills include effective communication, active listening, time management, problem-solving, leadership, and empathy, among others. Employers highly value these skills in their potential hires since they are essential for most jobs.
- Clinical Healthcare: There is a global shortage of healthcare workers and Many healthcare frontline tasks are far from being fully automated, if ever. Surgeons, Doctors, lab technicians, nurses, pathologists, etc. are in high demand globally.
- Marketing Skills: Marketing refers to activities a company undertakes to promote the buying or selling of a product or service. Marketing includes advertising, selling, and delivering products to consumers or other businesses. Marketing, as a whole, is a very broad spectrum. There are several marketing skills that you can explore this year. They include SEO, Social media marketing, email marketing, telemarketing, Lead generation, and Search Engine Marketing.
- Design/Creative Skills: This is a sector that requires innovation, creativity, and staying up-to-date. Professionals in this field are always seeking to upskill and upscale. There are endless skills to learn in this sector which include 2d & 3d Animation, Illustration, motion graphics, video editing, cartoons & comics, product design, and video production.
- Customer Service Skills: Customer service involves supporting your customers from the initial contact and beyond, ensuring a reliable partnership. Companies are always in need of customer service representatives to serve as the link between the company and the customers/prospective customers. Customer service jobs are here to stay. Skills needed to be a top-notch customer service provider include Transcription, Data entry, order support, market research, community management, etc.
- Tech Skills: Tech money, they say, is the new oil money. However, it doesn’t come cheap or easy. Technical skills, also known as tech skills, are specific abilities that are essential to perform certain job-related tasks. They require specialized knowledge and expertise in areas such as information technology, computers, engineering, research, analytics, programming, marketing, design, security, and computer science. These practical skills are crucial for success in technology-related careers and often involve training in mechanics, mathematics, science, and IT. In-demand tech skills Include Cybersecurity, cloud computing, software engineering, software development, UI/UX design and programming.
- Engineering: With a high demand for engineering skills, a limited talent pool, and significant market growth, the engineering industry is thriving. As the global job market is rapidly evolving, engineering has not escaped this trend. If you’re considering an engineering career or you’re an experienced professional eager to see what’s next in your sector, then you should consider IT engineering, biomedical engineering, petroleum engineering, civil engineering, and renewable energy engineering.
- Sustainability Skills: Sustainable skills are crucial to global development. They include environmental literacy, critical thinking, leadership, cultural competence, and conflict resolution. In a world that is fast becoming an unwilling melting pot, these skills are required by international organizations that are committed to global development and peace.
Fret Not! There are limitless resources, online and offline, to help you on this journey. All you have to do is START. Figure out your interests and strengths and start learning the required skills to upscale.
Best of Luck!
Receive the latest job and career updates in your inbox, every week!