is Nigeria’s foremost digital platform for providing on-demand warehousing and transportation services for companies, and SMEs. Simply put, Warenext is an aggregator of warehouse and logistics providers. They are the Airbnb of warehouses in Nigeria and the Uber of trucking and last-mile delivery services.
Currently, the company is seeking to urgently hire an experienced and competent Logistics Manager that will be in charge of the country operations for truck and last-mile delivery (motorbikes & vans) services.
This role is focused on the trucking/last-mile delivery services. To succeed in this role, you should have a thorough knowledge of managing the cumbersome operations with trucking and last-mile delivery services such as managing relationships with partner providers, drivers and the assets, tracking transportation of vehicles and dispatch orders. You should also be familiar with safety processes and legal regulations.
- Ultimately, you will ensure that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
- Qualify and onboard partner providers that would do business with the company
- Regularly update the company’s KYC and SOP for onboarding partners
- Monitor and inspect assets of potential partner providers that they meet the company’s requirements
- Keep organized records of onboarded partners and their assets
- You will be in super-control of getting the best price from partner providers to fulfil orders for our numerous clients
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Research and suggest cost-effective transportation methods
- Ensure compliance with company policies and federal road safety laws & regulations
- Proven work experience as a Logistics Manager, Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Physically fit as most of the time will be spent on the field to inspect, monitor, & confirm delivery of assets
- Familiarity with a logistics software that helps us scale our operations is a plus
- BSc in Supply chain, logistics, or relevant field is a plus