WORKPLACE LOCATION: LAGOS, NIGERIA (from home)
WORKING HOURS: Regular- but as per the need also.
ENGAGEMENT TERMS: CONTRACTUAL, as CONSULTANT
Raptor Supplies is a leading e-commerce portal offering more than a million plus high-quality MRO
parts and products from US, and industrial supplies to our clients (SMEs, large corporate and publicsector organizations) in the UK, Ireland, Europe, Middle East, Africa, South East Asia and Central Asia.
The company’s offerings include a broad range of abrasives, cleaning tools, electrical equipment,
fasteners, hand tools, hardware, lab supplies, lighting solutions, material handling and machining
tools from more than 2000+ renowned brands across from US.
To handle our next phase of growth globally, we are looking for a Business Development
Consultants, who can strategize, plan and manage all the interactions with clients’ organizations in
their country of operations, in order to derive value for the organisation and for self.
Our clients are either end users, requiring any kind of US industrial parts or Dealers/Distributors in
Nigeria, those who supply to these end users in Nigeria. The customers can be from any industry,
having machinery or factory setup, like petroleum, construction, FMCG, Textiles, Agriculture,
Chemicals etc. Our suppliers are leading US manufacturers in the industrial and MRO space, across
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Devise and execute a successful business development strategy in line with the Company’s
• Find customer leads, develop relationships and nurture them.
• Generate regular Inquiries from these leads, which can be converted to sales.
• Meet leads face to face, with an objective to generate sales.
• Write compelling business proposals and emails.
• Suggest ways to generate more inquiries from Nigeria and implement, whichever are
• Coordinate with other internal organisation team members to service clients successfully.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 3-10 years of experience / or Interest in the B2B sales with exposure to the international
- Ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and in writing, as well as make
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Must have strong knack for online research and data gathering.
- Willingness and openness to work across international time zones.
- Preferred (not mandatory): Basic knowledge of Logistics/International Business.
PERSONALITY TRAITS REQUIRED:
- Passionate Sales Hunter- should be able to spot opportunities and leads through own
- network, offline platforms (fairs etc) and online medium.
- A compulsive relationship marketer
- Responsible and disciplined, who can work without supervision or regular instructions.
- Proactive and high on initiative
- Sincere and Honest in giving the correct market feedback and also in financial transactions.
- Very comfortable with working remotely.
- Adept at using online tools Zoom, MS Teams etc.
MINIMUM INFRASTRUCTURE REQUIRED:
- A good working Laptop
- A good mobile with sufficient mobile data and talk time.
- A residential place to work peacefully
- Assured and comfortable electricity supply situation.
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH:
- Purely based on individual’s performance and organisation’s growth, this position and role can expand, as National Manager, to have a team under him/her, with staff based at major industrial cities in Nigeria. Eventually grow to own a region in Africa-west Africa, as Regional Head.
Fixed + Variable (commission on sales generated) – to be mutually discussed.
Write in about 600-800 words, “Why do you think you are fit for this job” and “What are the first three
steps you will take to ensure that you deliver on the KRAs’? Don’t forget to attach your CV with the email.